Washington, DC Protest on the 20th anniversary of the U.S. invasion of Iraq.
Peace in Ukraine – Say NO to Endless U.S. Wars!
Saturday, March 18 at 1:00 p.m.
The White House
Other actions being organized nationwide March 18-19
Endorse the march here
A wide range of anti-war organizations are uniting for a powerful weekend of action anchored by a demonstration outside the White House, including:
- ANSWER Coalition
- The People’s Forum
- United National Anti-War Coalition
- World BEYOND War
- Popular Resistance
- Veterans for Peace
- Labor Against Racism and War
- Leonard Peltier Defense Committee
- Nevada Green Party
- Samidoun Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network
- Ohio Peace Council
- Berekeley Fellowship of Unitarian Universalists Social Justice Committee
- Environmentalists Against War
- Pacific Green Party (OR), Linn-Benton Chapter
- Lauren Faith Smith Ministry for Nonviolence
- Maine Cumberland County Greens
Coinciding with the 20th anniversary weekend of the U.S.-invasion of Iraq, the ANSWER Coalition is initiating a major set of actions including a major demonstration at the White House in Washington, D.C. on Saturday March 18 demanding “Peace in Ukraine – Say NO to Endless U.S. Wars” and “Fund People’s Needs, Not the War Machine.”
The Biden administration seems determined to escalate the Ukraine war. The danger of a catastrophic global war – including nuclear war – is real. A U.S. General commanding 50,000 troops in the Pacific also issued a letter to his sub-commanders in recent days informing them that he believes that the United States will be at war with China within two years. The danger of global war is growing! The people must act!
The demonstrations will make connections between the human and financial toll of U.S. militarism at home and abroad. Key demands include:
- End the $100 Billion in arms shipments to Ukraine
- End NATO
- Stop the permanent war economy that funnels trillions of dollars away from jobs, education and health care
- Negotiations now! The people of the U.S. are not interested in the possibility of nuclear war nor the Pentagon’s policy of “weakening Russia.”
- No to war with China!
Endorse the march here.