SAVE THE DATE: People Speak Out to Stop Racism, Poverty & World War III
Friday, January 13, 2023 – 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Location TBA, New York City
IN HONOR OF DR. KING’S LEGACY: We need jobs, housing, food and healthcare – not war!
NO WAR & SANCTIONS on the people of Russia, Donbass, China, Cuba, Haiti, Zimbabwe, Palestine, Philippines, Venezuela, Iran, Puerto Rico
STOP FUNDING white supremacy from Ukraine to the U.S.
SHUT DOWN NATO, the Pentagon & the CIA
STOP racism, transphobia, union busting, and attacks on women’s rights, LGBTQ+ people and immigrants
SPEAKERS (list in formation):
- Rev. Annie Chambers, National Welfare Rights Union co-chair & public housing advocate;
- John Parker, Harriet Tubman Center for Social Justice & Socialist Unity Party, U.S. Senate candidate from California who traveled to Donbass;
- Margaret Kimberley, Black Agenda Report executive editor;
- David Clennon, actor & activist;
- Melinda Butterfield, Struggle-La Lucha co-editor, author of “U.S. Proxy War in Ukraine & Donbass”;
- Berta Joubert, Women In Struggle / Mujeres En Lucha;
- Ellie McCrow, Pratt Workers United organizing committee
SPONSORS (list in formation):
Struggle-La Lucha newspaper; Harriet Tubman Center for Social Justice; CovertAction Magazine; Women In Struggle / Mujeres En Lucha; Youth Against War & Racism; Socialist Unity Party; Peoples Power Assembly; Shut Down the Pentagon & CIA
For info or to sign on, email [email protected] or text 410-218-4836