Your public transport system needs you. Raise the volume on why we need to invest in it now.
COVID-19 has taught the world that we need to take the climate crisis seriously. We must invest in the future, in our people, and in public transport.
Right now, governments around the world are working towards a global recovery from the pandemic. We have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to invest in our future – to drive economic stimulus that will create millions of decent, sustainable jobs and accelerate climate action.
Are you a transport worker? Are you a commuter? Do you rely on public transport to get to work, to get your kids to school or to access essential services? How will you use public transport after the pandemic? We want to hear from you! Tell us what investing in public transport would mean for you, for your job, and your community.
It will take you less than 2 minutes to add your details and record a video. Hit the record button below on your mobile phone or computer. Make sure you have bright lighting and minimal background noise – then press the submit button, and you’re all set.
Here are some questions to guide you as you share your story:
- Introduce yourself! Tell us about you and your profession.
- How has the pandemic impacted you and your job?
- How important is public transport for your life now, or in the future?
- What would affordable, green public transit mean for you and your community?
- Why should public transport jobs be good, union jobs?