A film by Yasmine Perni
Christianity was born in Palestine two thousand years ago. From there it spread throughout the Middle East and to the rest of the world. Yet many are unaware Christians still live in the land.
For more than 60 years the Palestinians, Christians and Muslims, have suffered displacement, expulsion, wars, occupation and oppression. The voices of Palestinian Christians have all too often been drowned out in the turmoil of events.
This is their story, in their voices, from the Nakba of 1948 until today.
For millions of American evangelical Christians, supporting Israel is a core part of their faith. They believe Israel needs to exist so that the “end times” prophecies and return of Jesus Christ are guaranteed. But what does that support mean for people who share their religion but live under Israeli occupation?
Dena talks to Palestinian Christians about the evangelical Christian Zionist movement.
- What is Christian Zionism?
- Why this American Christian has devoted her life to helping Israel
- Christian Palestinians react to Christian Zionists
- What some evangelicals believe the Bible says about the “end times”
- Who’s behind the most powerful Christian Zionist organization?
- Why do Christian Zionists support Israel’s oppression?